LANCASHIRE MONOCHROME was founded in 1996 as a discussion forum open to any photographer committed to the monochrome print. It is not an elitist group but a meeting of varying ability, styles and specialisms. Many of its members also subscribe to a camera club or photographic society, finding the two adding value to each other and being complementary in their range of activity.
Meetings are conducted in a non-competitive environment dedicated to:
- Cultivating a high standard of work in the medium
- A sharing of photographic knowledge and skills
- Promoting a deeper understanding of monochrome
- Encouraging members to participate in the practice of monochrome
- Providing information in the most accessible way
- Being supportive of each member widening his or her horizons